Maven Mule, Gredice 137, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia, (OIB) 58050857014
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site and of Maven Mule products. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and can include the following:
- Personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, telephone number and other personal details included in your CV that you voluntarily give to us (when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Site, such as applying for an open position of reaching us with the Contact Us form).
- Information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website.
We also automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate through website and Maven Mule products. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website and products, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include:
- Information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system. Device information, such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer of your device, if you access the Site from a mobile device,
- Information about your visits to and use of this website and products including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use personal information collected via our website, products and services, for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services and Products.
- To protect our Products and Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Products and Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and Contractual.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- To deliver services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To review and respond to open job applications.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
As a part of the authorization process described in previous section, when you provide consent for Maven Documents to access your Google Drive, the token is provided and saved to your Salesforce org in a hidden custom setting. This token is then used to connect to Google APIs and generate documents. Maven Mule does not have access to this token unless access is provided to your Salesforce org. You can revoke access to your Google Drive at any time by accessing account third party permission page and removing Maven Documents from the list of allowed applications.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations. We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- administrative purposes such as recruitment process or billing,
- promoting our events and services,
- providing you or your organization with services,
- legal or regulatory obligation.
WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
We may exchange your personal data with following third-party service providers contracted to Maven Mule:
- parties with whom we have co-promotional arrangements (such as joint marketing activities, sponsored events, external venues, or caterers).
- our agents or contractors who assist us in providing our services require such information, for example in fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analyzing data, providing support services or in other tasks from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
- third party service providers that provide services that involve data processing, for example archival, web-hosting, analytics providers in connection with the operation of our online services, event hosting, information technology providers, auditing, reference checking, professional advisory (including legal, accounting, financial and business consulting), mailing vendor, delivery, technology, website, research, banking, payment, client contact, data processing, insurance, forensic, litigation support, marketing and security services.
- if Maven Mule is merged with or acquired by a third party, or we expand or re-organize our business, in which case your personal data may form part of the transferred or merged assets.
- third parties where we are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so (for example, in order to comply with a Court Order).
IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
Where you are submitting personal data from within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), such information may be transferred to countries outside the EEA. By way of example, this may happen if one or more of our third-party service providers with whom we share personal data in accordance with the previous section are located, or have their servers located, outside your country or the country from which the data were provided. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal. If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
A privacy breach occurs when there is unauthorized access to or collection, use, disclosure, or disposal of personal information. You will be notified about data breaches when we believe you are likely to be at risk or serious harm. For example, a data breach may be likely to result in serious financial harm or harm to your mental or physical well-being. In the event that we become aware of a security breach which has resulted or may result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information we will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable Supervisory Authority not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Security Officer, Nikola Rendulic, by email at email@example.com, or by post to:
MAVEN MULE d.o.o.
Last Update: May 18th 2020